Monday, March 11, 2013

What to do with a blog

I love blogging with students. In my experience, few things get students more excited about writing (and other ways of representing). I've recently been asked what my students do on their blogs and I thought a running list might be helpful. So, here's a list of things your students can do with a blog:
  1. write about themselves
  2. create an avatar for their profile picture (Clay Yourself; Otaku Avatar Maker
  3. book reports/reviews
  4. movie reviews
  5. how-to videos
  6. PowerPoint presentations
  7. photo stories
  8. respond to questions posted by the teacher
  9. reflect on learning
  10. share hobbies and interests
  11. write stories
  12. write about subjects that interest them
  13. explain how to do something
  14. posts from the point of view of a character in a novel
  15. discuss current events
  16. share drawings and other artwork

No comments:

Post a Comment